Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tangy Honey Dipping Sauce



Because I cannot find any BBQ Sauce at the store without High Fructose Corn Syrup or Excitotoxins, I decided to try my own sauce with ingredients fresh from my garden.

1 peck tomatoes, peeled
2 Bell Peppers, seeded and diced
3-5 Jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 onion, chopped
4 Tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic
1 Tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses
1 cup Honey
1 teaspoon Real Mineral Salt

Saute the peppers, jalapenos, onions, and garlic in butter until soft. Puree in blender. Also puree the peck of tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer until mixture has reduced to 1/2 the amount (this took all day). Remove from heat. Add the honey, molasses, and salt. Stir until mixed. Makes about 3 quarts.

My kids like to have something to dip their leftover chicken or beef roast. I also tried warming the meat, mixing the dip, and serving on buns. It was a hit. Now I need to make more.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds yummy... my only concern would be the jalapenos for the kids (would it be too spicy?).
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete