Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Reading - Captivating - Chapter 2

What Eve Alone Can Tell

God created the earth in a crescendo. Earth, plants, animals, man. Then the bible says that something is not good. Everything before was good.

Gen 2:18 "...It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

Creation was not finished without Eve. Woman fills a place that nothing else can fill. What does that tell us about the nature of God?

Loneliness

Women are relational. God yearns for a relationship with us.

Isa 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.
Isa 49:15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.Jer 24:7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Consider how fiercely devoted a mother is to her children. God loves us all the more. Women are tender, inviting, passionate, alluring. This is what God is speaking to His creation through women.

No comments:

Post a Comment