Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer Reading - Captivating - Chapter 1

The Heart of a Woman

This book begins with an adventure. The authors think that in a woman’s heart she would like to be “an irreplaceable role in a great adventure”. I wasn’t sure that I felt that way. Maybe I was "adventured out" before I got married and was ready to settle down. Or maybe since I have 5 children everyday seems like an adventure to me.

Then they listed some adventures – “horses or white water rafting, going to a foreign country, performing on stage, having children, starting a business, or diving ever more deeply into the heart of God” Okay, now I get it. Canoeing did not sound like an adventure to me. Diving ever more deeply into the heart of God – yes, that sounds exciting to me. Are you wanting adventure in your life?

Quote

“God created man in his own image…male and female he created them” (Gen 1:27)
Whatever it means to bear God’s image, you do it as a woman. Female. That’s how and where you bear his image. Your feminine heart has been created…as a reflection of God’s own heart.


That changes the way I feel about myself as a woman. I ask myself - Do I reflect God's heart? I want to. He made me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment