Monday, July 27, 2009

Family Reunion


Last week my brother and sister were visiting from out of state with their families. The kids had a great time visiting with their cousins. My youngest child is 6 years old, while my brother's children are 4 and 2. It was great for Gabriel to be one of the "older" kids. It gave him a chance to see the other side.

The adult crowd made a change this year. We were all on a health kick. Instead of sitting around and talking for hours like usual, we took the kids to the park and walked most evenings. Everyone who took turns cooking had healthy meals in mind. I got to show my sister-in-law how to make whole grain sourdough bread. We exchanged low-carb recipes. No one made any desserts. Last year I gained 5 lbs. this year I lost weight. What a nice change!

No comments:

Post a Comment